01/11/2010

Introduction

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away….

Ok, so it wasn’t that long ago and not that far away either….

Actually it was about twenty five years ago when a small child was taken to the cinema in this galaxy.  That child was me, and ever since I have had an unwavering love of films.  I have seen too many films to list and have a near photographic memory of each and every one.  As a result I now have a substantial film collection, unfortunately however most go un-watched from year to year.  That is about to change.

Throughout 2011 I intend to watch 365 films in 365 days, some old, some new.  I shall record my attempt here, complete with a short review and an account of the challenges that I encounter along the journey.

The average film is about 90 minutes, which would give a total 32,850 minutes, which is only 6.25% of the total minutes in a year, 525,600 minutes.  So it should be easy, shouldn’t it?!?

So that’s the challenge, better come up with some rules.

1.     Each one of the 365 films needs to be a separate film, watching the same film 365 times will not count.
2.     Only feature length films will count, episodes from a TV show will not.
3.     The challenge will begin at 00:01 on the 1st January 2011 and will end at 23:59 on the 31st December 2011.

Roll Film…

ACTION!

2 comments: