27/07/2012

Lost S01E01 – Pilot Part 1

The first time I watched season one of Lost, I watched the whole season in five days. Well that was six years ago and I can still see why I did it. That is the most outrageous opening to a TV show I think I have ever seen. I love the confusion we experience with Jack as he wakes in the jungle and then when he finally gets to the beach to discover what’s left of the plane, the engines still whirring away, people screaming and in various states of shock and injury, we get live the moment with the characters. So much happens in those first few minutes that you can’t help but get completely sucked in. This is a beautifully crafted show.

Having already seen the first four seasons, I know some of what is going on and am able to spot more of the hints to what is coming and there was a conversation between Charlie and Kate that really made me chuckle.

KATE: Have we ever met, anywhere?
CHARLIE: No, that would be unlikely.

Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment